Kinesio Taping Course: Oct. 19-20, 2013By
On October 19th & 20th, 2013 Arm More Therapy will be sponsoring;
KT1- Fundamental Kinesio Taping
KT2- Advanced Kinesio Taping
The instructor will be Kim Rock Stockheimer MS, OTR/L, CKTP/I, CLT.
Kim is a 1984 graduate of the University of Kansas Occupational Therapy Program. She received her Masters of Science degree in Exercise Physiology 2002 at the University of Wisconsin – LaCrosse. She has had opportunities to work in a variety of settings including hospital acute care, rehabilitation, long-term care, burn unit, outpatient hand therapy, private practice, and lymphedema clinic. She has taught in Occupational Therapy Assistant programs at Austin Minnesota and at Anoka Minnesota. She has taught at the Occupational Therapy Department at the University of Wisconsin – LaCrosse. She has published articles and research in the Occupational Therapy Forum, American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Journal of Hand Therapy, and British Lymphology Book of Abstracts. Kim co-authored the book, Kinesio Taping for Lymphoedema and Chronic Swelling. Kim is currently working on her second book for KTA. Kim is certified in Manual Lymphatic Treatment by the Lymphedema Services of Cedar Haven Rehabilitation Agency. She is also certified as a Kinesio® Taping Practitioner and Instructor by the Kinesio® Taping Association. Kim has lectured internationally in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, Korea, Israel, Canada, Russia and United States of America.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the concepts of Kinesio Taping.
- Review muscular anatomy as it is related to Kinesio Taping.
- Explain and apply the concepts of the Kinesio Taping Method.
- Describe the unique qualities of the Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Recognize the principles of Kinesio Tex Tape application.
- Utilize and demonstrate application skills in guided laboratory sessions.
- Demonstrate application skills during lab sessions.
- Practice the various cutting techniques and their clinical application.
- Apply Kinesio Taping method to relax and stimulate muscles.
- Apply Kinesio Taping methods for pain, swelling, joint mobility and stability.
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of the spine, and upper/ lower extremity dysfunction
- Apply various taping techniques for treatment of unique conditions using the concepts and principals of the Kinesio Taping Method.
Who Should Attend? PTs, OTs, ATs, DCs, LACs, MTs, PTAs, OTAs and other medical practitioners. THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR LICENSED HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS ONLY
- Early Bird: $499 for two days, $549.00 regular. Early Bird applies if
you register 4 weeks in advance.
- Price includes full-color reference workbooks, Limited KTA
Membership with access to reference database, Kinesio Tex Tape to use during lab sessions, and refreshments.
Cancellation & Refunds: Registration fee, less $50, will be refunded if written cancellation is received 30 days prior to the seminar. No refunds will be given after that date
Enrollment: Early registration is highly encouraged.